Admin

Statistics

Comments
Views

Relates to

Tags

votes

404 Error for 'About Us' and 'Contact Us' links after enabling SEO links

The other links are fine. Only those 2 have problem. I am on OR 3.2.5 pro.

In fact, Open Realty demo site has the same problem. What am I missing here?

Comments (5)

photo Employee

Not sure what problem you are having, but both links work for me just fine on my test site using SEF links. The OR demo site does not have SEF links turned on, so trying to test SEF links there is not going to work.

Maybe you need to re-copy the .htaccess file included with OR.

You can otherwise verify that these work on your side by using the regular links:

Contact us:

index.php?action=page_display&PageID=2

About Us.

index.php?action=page_display&PageID=3

Both these pages depend entirely on the PageID#s 2 and 3 being present, so if you have deleted these pages or recreated them, the pageID#s wont match what is set via your .htaccess file anymore.

photo

Yes those two non-seo links work for me. When SEO links are enabled, those 2 links become xxx.com/contact+us.html and xxx.com/about+us.html and upon click it shows page not found.

photo Employee

Try using one of the example templates. My installed copy of OR has no such problem when SEF links are turned on.

photo

I did try lazuli, html4 and open realty lite and all have the same problem

photo Employee

You already have a ticket open at Transparent Tech so I am going to close this thread. There is no need to ever use both locations simultaneously for support. If you have a Pro license, Transparent's support dept will always be the better choice.

Comments have been locked on this page!